Hugh Jackman Heartbroken by Wolverine Leak

Hugh Jackman

Kerry Hayes/Twentieth Century Fox

updated 04/08/2009 AT 6:00 AM ET

originally published 04/08/2009 AT 6:05 AM ET

The reigning Sexiest Man Alive doesn’t think what happened to his new movie is very sexy.

“It’s a serious crime and there’s no doubt it’s very disappointing – I was heartbroken by it,” Hugh Jackman said Wednesday about last week’s Internet leak of a work print of his X-Men Origins: Wolverine. “Obviously people are seeing an unfinished film. It’s like a Ferrari without a paint job.”

While Wolverine is set for official release on May 1, its studio, 20th Century Fox, says the FBI and the Motion Picture Association of America were investigating who might have pirated it and have promised to prosecute the culprits.

As part of a world tour to promote the movie, Jackman, 40, previewed about 20 minutes to about 600 fans in Sydney, Australia, and said he didn’t think the Web leak would harm eventual cinema attendance, the Associated Press reports. The star made his entrance from a helicopter – and then to the ground on an aerial wire.


From Our Partners